Tuesday 21 March 2017

The Family Scooter (#DaddyIsPriceless)


I saw this little antique piece & it drove me back to those days with Daddy. The picture had him in the driving seat, my mom at the back holding my younger brother & I was made to stand short n fitted in the space between the handle & the driver's. I was too young to understand  philosophy but those rides taught me a lot. We understood that in life,mom will always be holding a lot more than us in her hands so we need to not make it bumpy for her. The sibling will always be young ,so protect him even if he outgrows. Keep your eyes open,because your family is in your hands. But what I wasn't really prepared was -  losing his hands over mine on the handle. When did my pseudo driving act turned into the real one, I did not get the chance to ask him why so soon ? My hands are still there, perhaps the grip has become more firm. The vision is clearer to me but what can never be back are those random scary turns when I could look up & just see him take care of it for me

No comments:

Post a Comment